Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. We hear this a lot in modern day culture. | Matthew 6:34
But what does that mean?
To be present means to live in the moment.
Yes it is okay to plan for the future, but don’t worry and be anxious about things you cannot control.
Often we worry about things and cause ourselves much stress over things that never even come to pass!
I think that’s why God reminds us here to be present.
Don’t worry about tomorrow, for we aren’t even promised a tomorrow.
Just stay present and do what good you can do for today.
Another side of the “Be present” coin is not to live in the past.
I have a very soiled and broken section of my past that has been very hard to forgive and leave behind.
Things I’ve done continue to resurface in my mind and through people who knew me when I was in the world.
The bible says in Psalm 103:12 that God has removed our sins from us as far as the East is from the West.
God doesn’t hold our past against us anymore, so we shouldn’t continue to punish ourselves either.
- Prayer: God thank you for this reminder in your word to be present and not worry about tomorrow. Thank you also for your love and forgiveness and help me to follow your example and forgive myself and not live in the past. Help me to truly soak up and be present in each moment that I’m blessed to have, in Jesus’ name, Amen.
- Just Hold On | Christian Daily Devotional
- Daniel Adams Rebukes A VOODOO DEMON That Manifested In A Lady!
- Christian Songs For Worship That Move The Heart of God!
- Is Meditation A Sin?
- 22 Bible Verses About Anxiety